Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Studio Engineering builds the products and services used by our internal and external creative partners producing and managing our global content. Our products enable the entire workflow of content production, from pitch to play, and provide innovative new ways to develop and manage entertainment at scale. We build products that take our shows live and help members discover our brand and the titles they love. We do this by managing the launch of titles and campaigns, globalizing our content with dubbing, subtitles and copy translation, creating promotional artwork and video assets and marketing our content on and off service with ad technology, publicity and social media.
With an increasing slate of original content being produced every year, our products manage billions of dollars worth of content-spend.
We need your help to build the technologies that allow us to scale our studio efforts across the globe, and do so effectively and efficiently!
- Work cross-functionally to build new services, tools and data models to operationalize our workflows at scale.
- Participate in product reviews and team meetings, providing technical insight. Help scope, estimate, and prioritize between conflicting needs.
- Evaluate new technologies and approaches to streamline and improve our rapid application development tooling and conventions.
- Regularly learn new systems and tools as the Netflix platform and ecosystem evolves.
- Participate in our on-call rotation and contribute to incident reviews.
You may enjoy working with us if you:
- Are self-driven and highly motivated to deliver top-tier solutions with minimal guidance.
- You also recognize when you're wrong, learning from your mistakes and moving past them.
- Love brainstorming with fellow Backend and UI engineers, product designers, product managers, and directly with our users, to understand what they want, figure out what they really need, and finally, what we should build.
- Strive to embrace best practices and are always searching for opportunities to continually improve.
We would love to work with you if:
- You are adept at building applications with an Object Oriented language. We work with Java primarily, so an interest in learning and coding in Java is desirable.
- You excel in developing microservice based distributed systems with high availability, throughput, fault tolerance, and performance.
- You are experienced in utilizing relational and non-relational data stores.
- You are strongly motivated to pick up new domains and ship high quality, well-tested code.
Please let Netflix know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.