Growth engineers at Discord are product-driven thinkers who are focused on helping new users create meaningful relationships with each other and the tens of millions of others who use our app every day. Our small, nimble growth team is passionate about developing well-designed, scalable software to create conversations, communities, and a place for belonging to our millions of users - while maintaining good work/life balance. We believe that a clean, delightful, interface is important to achieving the best user experience.
As growth engineers we are motivated to move our business forward by building a better product. We're a thoughtful group where compassion for our users is our guiding principle. We're a small team trying to achieve a lot, which means we have real ownership over our work.
To learn more about Discord Engineering, read our engineering blog here!
What you'll be doing
- Build new features across our iOS, Android, Web apps and our marketing site. You will work on every platform and own the full funnel. It's ok if you don't know all of this right away!
- Work on meaningful projects that allow for new and existing users to have more delightful conversations
- Architect elegant and maintainable code with a focus on autonomy and support from the team
- Work with design, data, and marketing teams to build meaningful additions to the app that help users be more successful
- Use experiments and user research to iterate and learn
- Fearlessly dive into the unknown alongside intelligent engineers challenging themselves and people around you
What you should have
- We're a multi-platform team, so it's important to have a solid understanding of the development frameworks and fundamentals of one or more of our platforms: web (React, TypeScript, Python API), Android (Kotlin, RxJava), or iOS (React Native, Objective-C, Swift). We don't expect everyone to be an expert in all of these, and everyone has their specialties, but the more platforms you're comfortable with (or want to learn!), the faster we can move.
- Experience building and shipping product features. We do far more than build landing pages
- An eye for visuals. Design skills are not required but you can critique and modify existing designs
- Experience building for experimentation, iteration, and driving metrics.
- Experience working cross-functionally; particularly with marketing teams
- Hunger to have an impact on our business
- Strong open-source leadership or contributions
- Experience making hard tradeoffs between important goals to get the right things built quickly
- Direct experience on a growth team
Benefits and Perks
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision
- 13 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Transgender benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.
Please let Discord know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.