At Notarize, we’re pulling the future closer. As the first company to complete a legal online notarization, online mortgage closing, online will, online auto sales, and countless other critical transactions, we’re proud of our role in bringing industries into the digital age.
Our business has grown exponentially (over 600%) in the past year, as companies in a wide variety of industries look to us to help their customers get crucial legal transactions processed remotely. We’ve been dealing with a number of challenging (but interesting!) scalability issues, as more and more global enterprise companies look to Notarize to help them speed up business processes and provide better customer service in a new, fully-remote world. We’re building the team that will operate a critical platform company in tomorrow’s economy. Come join us!
Notarize is proud to be a fully-distributed team. Employees can work from anywhere in the United States - all 50 states and D.C too.
As an iOS Engineer at Notarize, you will use the latest architectural patterns and methodologies for our iOS app (MVVM/Clean Code/Rx) to build the best user interactions, easy to use functions to offer signers a fluent and secure end-to-end flow.
What you’ll do as a Web & Mobile Engineer:
- Contribute to the design, development and architecture of our app using Swift and the latest iOS design patterns (MVVM/Clean Architecture/RxSwift)
- Collaborate with designers, developers, QA engineers, and product managers on a cross-functional team
- Be involved in all phases of development, from ideation to release to tracking and analyzing the impact of shipped features
- Provide leadership and critical input on advancing technical standards and quality
- Help triage bugs, track software defects, and ensure their timely resolution
- Have the opportunity to work with Ruby on Rails, Postgres through AWS RDS, Heroku, and GraphQL
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience working with a team of engineers on product software development
- A love of problem solving, and delivering innovative product solutions to improve people’s lives
- A belief in good unit test coverage, strong test case scenarios - active consideration of the different ways features will be used
- An inclination towards actions and solutions
- The ability to work autonomously and own problems from end to end
- Effective communication and active listening skills, great attention to details with a thoughtful, collaborative approach to problem-solving
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- 401k with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Fully-distributed team: work from anywhere in the U.S.
- Paid parental leave
- Annual budget for personal learning & development
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Paid lunches (through Grubhub) + regular Lunch & Learn sessions
Our core values:
- Solve Problems That Matter: We serve some of the most important moments in people's lives. It's a responsibility we embrace by focusing obsessively on the issues that will have a quantifiable impact on our customers and our company growth.
- Yes Before No: We are optimistic about our ability to change lives by transforming outmoded processes. We believe our efforts can create a better future, and it is our attitude that will allow us to pull that future closer.
- Start With Why: We don't presume to understand the intentions of the people around us, whether coworkers or customers. We ask honest questions and listen to feedback in order to gain insight, build trust, and create memorable experiences.
- Stamp Together: We create a strong team and a welcoming workplace by valuing diverse perspectives. Every role in our organization is supported and valued equally, without regard to location or background.
We encourage everyone to apply, even if you are unfamiliar with the technologies we are using. When hiring new engineers, we consider ourselves platform agnostic. A willingness to learn and experiment with new tech is much more important than hands-on experience with our current stack.
Please let Notarize know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.