At Vercel, we are building an open-source developer tools platform that enables developers to build and iterate on the web without sinking time and money into DevOps. We are a remote-first and globally distributed team and we want to shape the future of the web by making cloud computing accessible to everyone. Our philosophy is based on the principles of learning, collaboration, transparency, experimentation, and passion.
- We are goal-driven and dedicated
- We use our own tools every day
- We thrive together with our community
- We are customer-obsessed
- We believe in people's ability to grow
We are looking for a few Engineering Managers to join our team. Curious to learn more about the team you could support? Please, read on:
- Infrastructure: The Infrastructure teams are working on projects that support the Vercel platform such as, caching and purging globally and steaming response support. In addition, you will be utilizing Edge to enable bidirectional device-to-cloud communication. This growing team will be essential to allowing Vercel to scale in the coming years.
- Product: Our Product engineering team is responsible for building and executing project plans in a cross-functional effort with the Product and Design teams.
What You Will Do:
- Lead and mentor a team that is experiencing hypergrowth of revenue and traffic
- Develop effective ways to communicate, monitor, and lead your team through one-on-one’s and team meetings.
- Participate in code reviews, learning and spreading technical knowledge throughout Vercel -- moving knowledge to documentation where appropriate.
- You can keep track of, prioritize, and lead multiple projects.
- Build rapport with each member of the Engineering Team and support them through coaching and mentorship to help level up their skills.
- Collaborate across various disciplines to help set technical roadmaps that will achieve business goals through engineering best practices
- Strong hands-on technical background and you are a skilled engineering leader with 3+ years leading/managing engineering teams.
- You're adaptable. You've worked for fast-growing companies and know-how to build, change, and adapt to the needs of a company as it grows
- You have excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- You're motivated by building effective engineering teams and are happy to roll up your sleeves and dive into code when needed.
- Experience shipping and operating crucial products and infrastructure
- You are located in the Americas and EU timezones
- Competitive compensation and stock options
- Inclusive Healthcare Package
- Flexible working style - 100% remote, with teammates located throughout the globe
- Learn and Grow - we provide mentorship and send you to events that help you build your network and skills
- Unlimited vacation policy - 4 weeks recommended per year. Take time when you need it.
- Generous Gear Credit
Vercel is committed to fostering and empowering an inclusive community within our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Vercel encourages everyone to apply for our available positions, even if they don't necessarily check every box on the job description.
Please let Vercel know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.