GitLab's DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 1,400+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
GitLab is looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer for the Package Stage who will focus on building our Package Registry, Container Registry and Dependency Proxy features. In this role you will develop performant and easy to access functionalities to browse, search, and interact with several Package Managers, explore the images and tags stored in our Container Registry and verify and validate the content of our Dependency Proxy.
In the future, you will be able to help to shape and define how feature like the Dependency Firewall and the Helm Chart Repository will look like, be architected and function.
- Develop features and improvements to the GitLab product in a secure, well-tested, and performant way.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Designers, Frontend Engineers and other stakeholders to maintain a high bar for quality in a fast-paced, iterative environment.
- Advocate for improvements to product quality, security, and performance.
- Solve technical problems of high scope and complexity.
- Craft code that meets our internal standards for style, maintainability, and best practices for a high-scale web environment. Maintain and advocate for these standards through code review.
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team, and propose and implement solutions.
- Consistently ship features and improvements with minimal guidance and support from other team members. Collaborate with the team on larger projects.
You should apply if you bring:
- Professional experience building Frontend web applications using VueJS or another modern frontend framework.
- You have experience with writing automation tests using Jest, Karma, Jasmine, Mocha, AVA, tape, etc.
- Experience using Git in a professional/workplace environment
- Proficiency in the English language, both written and verbal, sufficient for success in a remote and largely asynchronous work environment.
- Demonstrated capacity to clearly and concisely communicate about complex technical, architectural, and/or organizational problems and propose thorough, iterative solutions.
- Comfort working in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset.
- Effective communication skills: Regularly achieve consensus with peers, and provide clear status updates.
- Aspiration toward building our culture of communication, inclusion, and visibility.
- Experience owning a project from concept to production, including proposal, discussion, and execution.
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work closely with other parts of an organization.
- Share our values, and work in accordance with those values.
You'll stand out if you bring:
- Experience with Site Reliability Engineering.
- Experience with Ruby on Rails, GraphQL, Apollo or other tools in our tech stack.
- Working knowledge frontend state management (e.g., Vuex or Redux)
- Experience with the GitLab product as a user or contributor.
Also, we know it's tough, but please try to avoid the confidence gap. You don't have to match all the listed requirements exactly to be considered for this role.
Our hiring process for this Frontend Engineer position typically follows four stages. The details of this process can be found on our job family page.
Please let GitLab know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.