Who are we?
Codility is the #1 rated technical hiring platform. Our mission is to enable engineering teams to make accurate and fair hiring decisions efficiently. Codility is partnering with innovative companies like Microsoft, Amazon and PayPal to help them build and grow diverse, high-performing engineering teams through our CodeCheck platform to screen candidate skills; CodeLive to host technical interviews; and CodeChallenges for recruitment marketing. We have an amazing opportunity to further establish ourselves as leaders in the space, and we need strong advocates to help us get there.
By joining Codility, you will have the unique opportunity to impact the HR tech stacks of high growth to enterprise companies and drive a new shift in how world class engineering teams are built. Today, Codility powers 1,500+ businesses in 63 countries; facilitates 50,000+ candidate evaluations monthly; and has evaluated over 12 million engineers and counting.
Why Codility needs you.
We are growing at warp speed. Every innovative company in the world is looking to attract and hire the best developer talent, and do it in a way that is fast, easy and efficient. As the leader in technical hiring, we help recruiters and engineering teams save time and win in the war for talent by focusing their attention on the best technical candidates.
In order to do this, we are seeking a Senior Software Engineer on our Interview Team. The work you will be focussing on is crucial to our CodeLive platform, which encompasses a live pair programming environment with web-based IDE, video calls, whiteboard drawing and other collaborative features.
The goal of this team is to allow clients to connect and hire the best candidates remotely in a data-driven and unified way, making it an effective, and an enjoyable experience for our users.
What you will do.
- Strong experience designing and building new services with Python in the Django framework
- Test what you write, contribute to how it runs, is deployed, and scaled with Infrastructure team
- Help us in balancing the time-quality-feature, break features into smaller pieces
- Contribute to Codility Engineering, how we build, develop, and release our software
- Help less experienced engineers to grow and develop
- Work close with frontend developers
- Eagerness to optimize the platform in order to have a positive impact on our clients
Who you are.
- Exceptional coding ability with Python and Django
- Proficiency in designing and developing with real time applications at production scale, ideally with Python, (Other languages are fine)
- "You build it, you run it" approach: experience managing services end-to-end, from developing to deploying to monitoring
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with business stakeholders, product managers, and engineering peers.
- Proven experience in leading complex backend development projects
- Experience with PostgreSQL, Redis
- The ability to mentor, and come to the table with new ideas
- Problem solving across the board not only on code
- (Nice to have) Basic understanding of front-end technologies
We would love if you have.
Experience with our Codility Tech Stack:
- Frontend: ES2018, React, Redux, styled-components, Jest
- Backend: Python 3.8, Django, Golang
- Database: PostgreSQL, Redshift, DynamoDB
- Continuous Deployment/Tools: Gitlab/GitlabCI, PyCharm, Goland
- Infrastructure: Kubernetes (EKS), Istio, Prometheus stack, AWS, Chef
What we offer.
- A progressive remote first culture with an aggressive compensation plan.
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan that gives everyone interest in the company.
Amazing benefits to include
- 27 days of PTO
- 4 mental health days
- 9 Bank Holidays
- Incredible health, dental, and vision
- Yearly health & Wellness budget
- Yearly Personal Development budget
- An inclusive culture with multiple Employee Resource Groups
Please let Codility know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.