Health Tools builds scalable tools and systems to fairly and consistently enforce our policies so that our users feel safe to participate on our platform. You’ll have an opportunity to work on a diverse set of projects and technologies with a supportive team environment that encourages mentorship and open communication.
We emphasize taking ownership of problems and actively collaborating with our customers. We are driven by the understanding that our work supports product quality, user satisfaction, trust, and, ultimately, the health of discourse on Twitter.
Who You Are
- You’ve played product engineering roles, and have experience translating complex requirements into scalable, extensible implementations.
- You are familiar with standard software engineering methodology, e.g. agile development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation.
- You think critically about users’ and partner teams’ needs and can distill those findings into features and products.
- You ground your decisions with data and reasoning and can adapt to new information to make informed choices.
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment and interact effectively with others.
- You bring thoughtful perspectives, empathy, creativity, and a positive demeanor to solve problems at scale.
- You’re willing to be mentored and to mentor others.
What You’ll Do
- Craft elegant solutions to tackle problems and fix bugs. Code primarily in Scala, Java, or another object oriented language.
- Support and maintain your software systems to ensure a high quality customer experience.
- Answer customer questions and update our documentation.
- Collaborate with and learn from teammates, product managers and cross-functional partners.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or a related field, and/or equivalent work experience.
- Experience building backend web applications.
- Experience with or desire to learn Scala.
At Twitter, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are to serve the public conversation, inclusive and open to everyone in the world.
Do you want to join a team that’s working to make the internet safer while tackling difficult problems in marrying machine learning and human intelligence? If so, then this is the team for you!
Please let Twitter know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.