ClickUp is growing our Product Growth team and we're looking for incredible Backend Engineers who want a large scope of ownership within our rapidly growing company.
ClickUp is the fastest growing productivity platform, growing to 200,000+ teams and a $1 billion valuation in under 3 years.
We're looking for engineers who have a growth mindset, love to learn, and are pumped to build features that have a direct impact on our top-level company metrics.
One of the primary responsibilities for our backend team is implementing and maintaining highly efficient API endpoints, workers, and services that can scale to support our rapidly growing user base. You will work primarily in Node.js and PostgreSQL and deploy to a globally distributed infrastructure hosted on Amazon Web Services.
The ideal candidate would also have experience with queuing services, in-memory data stores, WebSocket management, monitoring and alerts, and continuous integration techniques. We like to assign you tasks and give you the freedom to work hard and fast, while also keeping the app highly performant.
We’re scaling quickly, and we’re recruiting teammates who share our core values, know how to get sht done, and would add a lot to our extremely driven culture. Join us in our mission of saving people time as we move towards ClickUp truly becoming one app to replace them all!
- Implement and maintain the API endpoints, services, and workers that power all of the exciting new features on our roadmap.
- Write efficient and concise SQL queries to use within our app, for reporting data metrics, and managing the integrity of the data within our databases.
- Build systems that enable rapid iteration and experimentation.
- Participate in designing and building systems for maximum performance, reliability, and scalability.
- Work closely with frontend, quality assurance, and product teams.
- Be able to conceptualize all the various parts of our infrastructure and how they all work together.
- 4+ years of experience writing and maintaining API's in a production-level environment (preferably with Node.js).
- Knowledge of SQL and relational databases (preferably PostgreSQL).
- Experience with AWS or another cloud service.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Product sense or curiosity about product and business value.
- Strong intuition for when to hack vs build for maintainability.
- A strong self-starter, who likes solving problems and getting things done.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
You should consider applying even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications. Many studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the qualifications.
Just some of what we provide.
- Opportunity to earn equity in fast growing company
- New MacBook Pro
- Health insurance (100% of premium paid)
- Dental insurance (100% of premium paid)
- Opportunity for cash bonuses
- Commuter benefits
- Team lunches each week
- Unlimited snacks & drinks in office
- Continued learning (Access to tons of paid courses)
- Unlimited kombucha and cold brew on tap
- 401k with 100% employer match up to 2% of annual salary
Please let ClickUp know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.