At Feather, our mission is to transform people's relationship with material goods to create a healthier and happier planet. We are redefining furniture rental for city living and helping people feel at home no matter where they live or how long they plan on staying. By giving people smarter options, Feather is able to keep more furniture in homes and out of landfills.
About this role:
We are looking for a detail-oriented Quality Assurance Engineer to join our team. In this role, you'll play a key part in the quality of our software solutions in a mostly uncharted space: reverse logistics and subscription to physical goods. You will work in a collaborative environment alongside product managers, engineers, designers, and cross-functional team members to test features, verify product requirements are met, and ensure customers have seamless experiences across our systems. This role will report directly to the Quality Assurance Lead.
What you'll do:
- Maintain and expand our existing Cypress+Typescript testing framework
- Develop new automated test cases
- Test new features via API and GUI
- Collaborate with members of the Engineering, Product, and Design teams
- Participate in engineering sprint meetings, advocating for ticket estimates to include testing complexity and effort (functional & non-functional requirements)
- Perform manual testing of Feather’s website and internal tools
- Write documentation
- Review requirements, specifications and design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Be embedded as part of a team of engineers
- Define, create, and run manual and automated tests based on tech/design specs, acceptance criteria, and user types.
- Ensure compatibility across a broad range of device types and browsers.
- Coordinate testing activities cross functionally with multiple teams in an agile environment
- Produce regular reports and metrics on the status and quality of software releases
What you have:
- GUI test automation development experience (Cypress preferred; Selenium ok)
- Rest API test automation experience
- SQL knowledge
- Git knowledge
- Test design / manual test development experience
What you'll get when you join us:
- Competitive compensation
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- 401(k) program
- Flexible vacation and paid time off
- Company sponsored fitness program
- Free mental health coaching
- Monthly stipend to support your work-from-home needs
- A 50% discount on your own Feather subscription
- The latest hardware to get the job done
Please let Feather know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.