Pacaso exists to enrich lives by making second home ownership possible and enjoyable for more people. Our innovative co-ownership model is the easiest, smartest and most responsible way for people to experience the joy of a second home. We provide all the benefits of true ownership without the hassles through our simplified financial structure, easy and equitable scheduling, and dedicated local property management.
Founded by former Zillow executives, Pacaso has secured more than $215 million in growth financing and is valued at $1.5 billion. In March 2020, Pacaso achieved unicorn status (a valuation of $1 billion) faster than any other company in the United States. We have been featured in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Fortune, Forbes, CNBC and more. We are building a world-class Crew of talented and mission-driven individuals, and we are excited to expand globally with the introduction of our first European market, Spain!
Pacaso is a certified Great Place to Work and was ranked on Fortune's Top 100 Small and Medium Workplaces list in 2021.
About this Opportunity:
This is an unique opportunity to be an early crew member at a growth-stage company led by some of the most seasoned and successful leaders in the real estate and travel space. As Web Frontend Engineer, you are responsible for developing Pacaso’s critical owner & dreamer experiences. Being a member of a small team, you’ll enjoy thinking broadly and strategically while executing quickly and tactically, having a direct impact on the company’s results.
- Design, develop and maintain core experiences, framework/common libraries and services as required to deliver on our goals.
- Participate in architecture and design discussions, code reviews, and project related team activities
- Understand and meet business needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability - adhering to development principles and product goals
- Openness to doing what it takes to help the team realize goals (developing prototypes/POCs, solutions etc.).
- Help out in all areas of software development, including tooling, devops, analytics etc.
- Iterate with our Product and Engineering teams in a fast paced environment to bring features from conception to launch
- Collaborative must be open to discussing options with any/all team members
- Evaluate technical solutions, weighing current / future needs, explore options/ideas, choosing new technologies and tooling for our stack (and likely fail at times without penalty).
- Engage and evolve our engineering culture enabling us to do our best work
- Proven ability to tailor your solutions to business problems in a cross functional team
- Strong programming skills incorporating engineering best practices (design/quality/security)
- Deep technical knowledge and experience developing web applications, consuming REST APIs etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Consumer web app development experience is a plus
- Advanced degree in a Computer Science field preferred
- SEO and accessibility experience is preferred
A peek into our technology stack:
- Gitlab (CI/CD)
- Contentful (Headless CMS)
- REST APIs through Java Spring applications
- Jamstack best practices
You’ll love working at Pacaso because of our ...
- Amazing purpose-driven team and culture.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees.
- Excellent medical, dental and vision insurance.
- 401(k) to help you save for the future.
- Paid maternity and paternity leave.
- Generous home office stipend.
- Company-sponsored meetups.
Pacaso encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Please let Pacaso know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.