At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time.
We’ll consider your application regardless of where you call home.
Your Role As An Infrastructure / Devops Engineer At 0x
In joining 0x Labs, you'll help ensure our suite of products remains as performant and reliable as possible, automate a variety of critical engineering tasks, and ensure a world-class, streamlined internal developer experience. You'll take a data-driven approach to optimization; your inclination should be to profile and benchmark existing systems, honing in on the highest impact improvements that should be undertaken. You care deeply about the reliability of your solutions and the productivity gains created for the rest of the engineering team.
This role is deeply important to the success of 0x as a whole, and it comes with a high degree of ownership. You'll have broad freedom to take any appropriate steps toward improving our infrastructure. We build on a quickly evolving modern stack, and we welcome well-reasoned, forward-thinking technology and architectural suggestions.
- Help ensure uptime and reliability across 0x’s suite of products and services
- Take ownership over our monitoring stack (Prometheus and Grafana)
- Automate a variety of engineering-related tasks and processes
- Manage and upgrade our Kubernetes infrastructure without downtime
- Assist in developing a robust real-time data streaming platform to be used for a variety of tasks related to data science, product development, and streamlining internal developer experience
- Improve internal build systems and manage/optimize CI/CD
- Strong technical background and 3+ years of professional engineering experience
- Experience profiling/benchmarking systems
- Experience with containerization and managing Kubernetes clusters
- Experience maintaining and scaling cloud infrastructure (AWS experience preferred)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (Terraform preferred)
- Experience with Elasticsearch stack
- Advanced knowledge of modern DevOps practices (e.g., GitOps, CI/CD pipelines)
- Sound knowledge of networking and Linux internals
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience interacting with Ethereum nodes
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with Postgres and/or large-scale database deployments
- Experience with Apacha Kafka or other event streaming platforms
- Experience with peer-to-peer networking technologies
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
Please let 0x know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.