At Shelf Engine, our mission is to reduce food waste through automation. We harness the power of AI to provide real-time, intelligent forecasting and fully automated ordering to food retailers across the United States. We’re able to drastically reduce the amount of food waste generated while simultaneously maximizing sales and expanding margins for grocers—a triple win for suppliers and retailers, consumers, and the environment.
We are hiring a Software Engineer who will play an integral part in designing a system that allows us to scale up our customer base while maintaining an ability to quickly engineer and deploy new features. You will develop solutions across broad areas, from mobile and desktop UX for our end users, to automated integration with other customer data systems, to our core storage systems and business logic. Our engineering team is small (but growing), so we’ll need you to flex your skill-set, working across the stack (TypeScript/C#).
This position is based in Seattle, WA, or remote.
As a Fullstack Engineer at Shelf Engine, you will:
- Write scalable/high-performance code on both the frontend and backend, understanding complex technical areas along the way
- Build efficient and reusable systems that drive complex web and mobile applications
- Create software features that are robust, reliable, and user friendly for both internal teams and our customer base
- Run the full software development lifecycle - problem definition, design, development, testing, demoing, and supporting production use of the features you own
- Be able to balance immediate business objectives against long-term architectural vision
And, we think you'd make a great Fullstack Engineer, if you have:
- 3+ years of production-level engineering under your belt
- Experience developing and interfacing with REST APIs
- Experience building both web applications and mobile applications
- Familiar with the Microsoft stack: TypeScript/C#, Azure, MSSQL, etc.
- Knowledge of the following frameworks: Angular, ASP.NET Core, Entity Framework (back end)
- Strong analytical and quantitative problem solving ability
- Bonus Points: Experience in distributed systems, payments systems, logistics, warehousing, or the food (grocery, etc.) industry
- A Bachelor's degree in a STEM related field, or equivalent experience
What Shelf Engine offers you:
- A unique opportunity to join a fast-growing sustainability startup early on, making a meaningful impact on the team as well as the environment
- An inclusive work environment that emphasizes each team member’s personal and professional growth
- Competitive salary in the range of $95,000 to $195,000 depending on skills and experience
- Pre-IPO equity with a four-year vesting schedule
- PTO that is unlimited and self-managed for full time employees
- 100% employer-paid premiums for medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees, and 50% covered for eligible dependents
- Coverage for life insurance, short- and long-term disability, and access to a robust Employee Assistance Program
- Optional employee contribution of pre-tax dollars to medical and dependent care FSA accounts
- 401k plan through Guideline to contribute to your financial future
- Seattle only: Company-paid ORCA transit card
At Shelf Engine, you will join a team of driven, passionate, and caring people hungry to make change in an untapped industry. We’re not only solving complex technical problems at scale but also tackling key initiatives with significant environmental impacts. Our team is determined to disrupt a massive industry and leave behind a positive legacy for generations to come.
Please let Shelf Engine know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.