If your “happy place” is being part of an effective remote team designing and implementing event-driven distributed services - we want to talk with you! Moogsoft is searching to add more creative engineers that can design and write clean service code that scales and (inevitably) fails with grace. We embrace a model of service ownership and value quality over quantity. We think things like Testing, Automation, and Telemetry are fun and exciting! You will be directly working on Moogsoft Observability Cloud (MOC) to mature and expand it’s Metrics and Events Integrations ecosystem (ex. Datadog, Pagerduty, Slack, Cloudwatch, AppDynamics, Azure Insights, etc) as well as the MOC Collectors (agents), an agent that empowers customers to ingest logs, traces, event data and time series metrics detects anomalies locally and sends the metrics and anomalies to MOC.
What You'll Do
- Design, implement, and deploy Java Microservices leveraging the Quarkus framework in a Kubernetes environment.
- Responsible for extending and contributing back to open source frameworks we use.
- Work with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems faced in the Observability industry
- Interface with Product/UX to implement what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the end to end process.
- Comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership.
- Support the services that you and your team deploy, including creating pipelines, tests, telemetry and being a member of an On Call rotation
- Identify and champion for tech-debt items to be addressed/resolved
What You'll Need
- Experience building stateless microservices and scalable backend services
- 2+ years of programming experience with Java. In addition, experience with Rust is a plus.
- 2+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience with API technologies combined with security mechanisms/practices (REST, Webhooks, SOAP, OpenID Connect, OAuth, Client-ID/secret, etc)
- Experience with agent based software architectures is a plus
- Experience with Kafka or similar distributed message queues
- Experience with various databases and data modeling/data management
- Mongo, Elastic, MySQL, etc.Comfortable in Linux/JVM based development environments
- Comfortable navigating and utilizing various tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Gitlab, PagerDuty, Kibana, Grafana, etc
- Comfortable working without a dedicated “QA” team in a true “service ownership” model
Moogsoft Perks and Benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick day policy
- Competitive salary, 401(k) plan and equity to all employees
- Attractive benefits package, including health and dental coverage
- Opportunity for career development in a fast-paced, progressive company
Please let Moogsoft know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.