We are looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Engineering Operations team. We define, build, and support the AWS infrastructure and tooling needed to power the RetailMeNot platform. We are responsible for ensuring the day to day smooth operation of RetailMeNot's build and deploy workflows, production applications, and infrastructure.
As a member of the team, you'll be responsible for delivering highly scalable and resilient cloud deployment and provisioning solutions. You will be exposed to tools and technology like Kubernetes, Prometheus, CloudFormation, Terraform, and others. You will help automate and streamline the company's operations and processes through innovations in application monitoring and alerting, CI/CD modernization, and other efforts.
Are you a software engineer with a real passion for DevOps and automation opportunities? Are you looking to join an organization with a well-established DevOps culture? Start here!
RetailMeNot is headquartered in Austin, TX! This position is fully remote and we encourage applicants nationwide!
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent STEM field, or equivalent work experience.
- You have at least 5 years of DevOps experience.
- You have experience writing code with Python, Shell, Go, Java, or similar languages.
- You have deep understanding of AWS and cloud architectures/services.
- You have expertise within the container and container orchestration space (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.).
- You have experience working with infrastructure provisioning tools like CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, or others.
- You have experience enabling CI/CD pipelines using tools such as Jenkins, AWS Code Pipeline, Gitlab, or others.
- You bring a deep understanding and application of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- You have a track record of delivering successful solutions and collaborating with others.
- You take security into account when building new systems.
What You'll Do
- You'll be working closely with Docker and Kubernetes to containerize infrastructure.
- You will investigate new technologies and tools and recommend those that best fit the team and organization.
- You will champion automation: tools improvement, process automation and innovation.
- You will identify and execute on opportunities for increased and improved monitoring and security.
- You will educate other engineering teams and advocate for scalable and maintainable architectural decisions.
Who We Are
- We have an open environment where engineers are given a lot of responsibility and the freedom to make a huge impact.
- We have lots of smart people to work with and learn from.
- We work on large scale challenges with a variety of technologies and believe in an ever-growing diversity of technology platforms.
- We believe in giving prizes, bonuses, and recognition for doing what you enjoy.
- We have a phenomenal open vacation policy.
Please let RetailMeNot know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.