Who We Are
Squire is the world’s leading and fastest-growing software technology platform for barbershops, a hundred-billion-dollar global industry. We provide a one-stop solution that helps small business entrepreneurs run and grow their businesses.
Squire is also the premiere booking engine that connects people with great barbers nationwide. We make it easy to discover and book the best barbers wherever you are, in just a few taps.
With headquarters in New York and a presence in major cities in the United States, U.K. and Canada, Squire has quickly become a market leader in technology solutions for the barbershop industry.
Squire is currently a Series D company and has raised over $165M to date.
For more information, please visit getSquire.com or download the Squire iOS app from the App Store.
SQUIRE is looking for an exceptional web engineer to join our highly coveted engineering groups. This is an opportunity for you to work on exciting and brand-new initiatives with world-class designs.
Job Duties And Responsibilities
- Designing, developing, testing and deploying product and its increments
- Making design and development decisions
- Providing required product quality
- Monitoring progress of work in daily team syncs, updating ticket status
- Eliciting and refining product requirements by doing research and asking questions
- Estimating product backlog items and sub-tasks prior to start of sprint
- Assisting Team Lead, Product Manager, and Project Manager in grooming product backlog weekly
- Actively participating in sprint planning (come prepared)
- Helping manage teams to their delivery of sprint commitments
- Quickly surfacing issues and any deviations from the plan to internal stakeholders (Community Leader, Team Lead, Product Manager, Project Manager, Eng/Product leadership)
- Creating necessary engineering documentation (i.e., endpoint documentation)
- Helping teammates remove roadblocks and hit sprint commitments
- The duties and responsibilities outlined above are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned from time to time based on business needs.
Requirements And Qualifications
- Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
- Thorough understanding of React.js and its core principles
- Thorough understanding of Redux
- Experience with Recompose Strong knowledge of Node.js
- Experience with SASS Experience with AJAX Experience with functional programming
- Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Experience building beautiful, pixel perfect web apps from design mock to complete implementation
- Experience with browser and platform interoperability (responsive vs. desktop)
- Experience building embeddable web app widgets
- Experience building email compatible mark-up
- Experience with WebSockets or similar technology
- Experience writing concise and well-structured OOP code.
- A can-do attitude that can hit deadlines without cutting corners or sacrificing structural integrity.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong emotional intelligence and an ability for dynamic partnership across departments.
- Detail-oriented and data-driven.
- Able to successfully organize and manage working with an agile team in 2-week sprint cycles.
- Impeccable time management and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to consistently estimate work to hit delivery timelines without losing good work-life balance.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient with a strategic mindset.
- If you fit the bill of the above and the description below, I only want to know two things: What have you built that you can show me (please provide a link), and what exactly were/are you responsible for in that link. Please provide credentials for me if required.
Squire provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please let Squire know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.