Morning Brew is a media company that covers the business news and narratives shaping our world. The companies, the people, the workplace, the economy — we nerd out on this stuff, and we’re dedicated to helping our audience navigate it all in a way that informs and entertains.
The Morning Brew team is clever, creative, and growing fast. Want in? Read on.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
- Building out new and enhancing existing website & newsletter experiences
- Collaborating with the engineering team, performing code review and helping to set best development practices and guidelines
- Collaborating with Product Managers, Designers and other engineers to plan, design and implement business requirements
- Working with stakeholders in sprint backlog refinement
- Proposing and implementing new tools and technologies to accomplish product objectives
What makes you qualified?
- 3+ years experience developing web applications
- Extensive knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, and testing frameworks (RSpec & Minitest)
- Experience building GraphQL and REST APIs
- Strong experience with React and Typescript
- Knowledge of Jamstack architecture
- Passionate about creating & maintaining good principled software patterns for others on the team to follow
- Proficient learner and problem solver
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Ruby on Rails
- REST and GraphQL APIs
What else are we looking for?
Character and integrity rank pretty high on the list. Our team is guided by our core values:
- Curious - We strive to learn every day through constant questioning and exploration.
- Purposeful – We do everything with the highest level of thoughtfulness, preparation and focus.
- Empathetic - We are good, genuine people who embrace others' perspectives.
- Challengers - We approach every day with an underdog mentality and are never complacent.
While being surrounded by a bunch of cool people who look great in crewnecks is its own reward, we have plenty more to offer.
- Unlimited sick and vacation time: And by “unlimited,” we mean absolutely unlimited.
- Remote-work friendly: Work from home, work from the office, work from the moon — you decide.
- 401(k) employer match: We want to help you prepare for the future, now.
- Premium healthcare plans: Your health matters!
- Work from home stipends: Upgrade your home office on us.
- Annual learning credit: Want to learn something new? We'll pay for it.
Morning Brew is committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our audience.
Please let Morning Brew know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.