At CrowdStrike we’re on a mission - to stop breaches. Our groundbreaking technology, services delivery, and intelligence gathering together with our innovations in machine learning and behavioral-based detection, allow our customers to not only defend themselves, but do so in a future-proof manner. We’ve earned numerous honors and top rankings for our technology, organization and people – clearly confirming our industry leadership and our special culture driving it. We also offer flexible work arrangements to help our people manage their personal and professional lives in a way that works for them. So if you’re ready to work on unrivaled technology where your desire to be part of a collaborative team is met with a laser-focused mission to stop breaches and protect people globally, let’s talk.
About the Role:
We're spinning up a brand new team and initiative at CrowdStrike to focus on Ecommerce. We'll be covering areas like the CrowdStrike App Marketplace and monetization (in-app purchasing/micro-transactions/etc), creative new ways to approach Licensing, Billing and Entitlement across the entire product portfolio, and all the backend analytics work to drive a better user experience and optimize engagement, conversion, cross-sell and up-sell. We'll also be spearheading the creation of new CrowdStrike offerings that are built on the existing world-class Falcon platform but target a completely Ecommerce driven, low-touch, high engagement product experience. If you're passionate about building intuitive applications that customers will rave about, tell their friends about and can't wait to use daily, we want you on our team.
- Lead backend engineering efforts from rapid prototypes to large-scale applications across CrowdStrike products.
- Leverage and build cloud based systems and integrations to build the next generation of CrowdStrike product offerings.
- Define, implement and enhance our Ecommerce platform, including our innovative Falcon App Store, Web Marketplace offerings, and direct payment systems.
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams.
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team.
- Be mentored and mentor other developers on web, backend and data storage technologies and our system.
- Constantly re-evaluate our product to improve architecture, knowledge models, user experience, performance and stability.
- Be an energetic ‘self-starter’ with the ability to take ownership and be accountable for deliverables.
- Use and give back to the open source community.
- Go (Golang)
- Degree in Computer Science (or commensurate experience in data structures/algorithms/distributed systems).
- The ability to scale backend systems – sharding, partitioning, scaling horizontally are second nature to you.
- Recent hands-on experience with Ecommerce, payment processing, or billing systems or other large volume transaction platforms.
- The desire to ship code and the love of seeing your bits run in production.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges.
- Deep understand multi-threading, concurrency, and parallel processing technologies.
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible.
- A thorough understanding of engineering best practices from appropriate testing paradigms to effective peer code reviews and resilient architecture.
- The ability to thrive in a fast paced, test-driven, collaborative and iterative programming environment.
- The skills to meet your commitments on time and produce high quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
Bonus points awarded for…
- Authored and lead successful open source libraries and projects.
- Contributions to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging).
- Existing exposure to Go, Scala, AWS, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch...
- Prior experience in the cybersecurity or intelligence fields.
Bring your experience in distributed technologies and algorithms, your great API and systems design sensibilities, and your passion for writing code that performs at extreme scale. You will help build a platform that scales to millions of events per second and thousands of transactions per day. If you want a job that makes a difference in the world and operates at high scale, you’ve come to the right place.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
Please let CrowdStrike know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.