ConsenSys is the leading Ethereum software company. We enable developers, enterprises, and people worldwide to build next-generation applications, launch modern financial infrastructure, and access the decentralized web. Our product suite, composed of Infura, Quorum, Codefi, MetaMask, and Diligence, serves millions of users, supports billions of blockchain-based queries for our clients, and has handled billions of dollars in digital assets. Ethereum is the largest programmable blockchain in the world, leading in business adoption, developer community, and DeFi activity. On this trusted, open source foundation, we are building the digital economy of tomorrow. To explore our products and solutions, visit http://consensys.net.
About Protocol Engineering
ConsenSys Quorum is an open source protocol layer that provides developers with the flexibility and reliability needed to make their blockchain applications successful. ConsenSys Quorum comprises a suite of configurable components and APIs, enabling you to customize your use case and production environment. Confidently join the hundreds of enterprises already running reliable, production applications on Quorum.
What you will work on:
- Participate in the development of blockchain layer 2 infrastructure systems mainly written in Rust.
- Build advanced backend systems (Saas, microservices, event-driven and high availability) that interact directly with blockchain technologies.
- Design and implement technical architectures.
- Work closely with internal & external customers.
What we are looking for:
- 2+ years experience in backend development building multithreaded services.
- Knowledge of Rust or/and experience with C or C++.
- Experience in working with Linux based environments.
- Open to learning and collaborative by nature; willing to give and receive feedback.
- Understanding we are a globally distributed, remote-first team.
- Comfortable with handling uncertainty and ambiguity.
- Proficient with analysis, troubleshooting, and problem solving.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with business critical systems in production.
- Experience with databases.
- Experience in building Highly Available systems.
- Experience in building distributed systems.
- Experience in high performances and optimization.
Don't check all of the boxes? Don't sweat it. We’re passionate about building a diverse team of humans and as such, if you think you've got what it takes for our chaotic-but-fun, remote-friendly, start-up environment—apply anyway. While we have a pretty good idea of what we need, we're ready for you to challenge our thinking on who needs to be in this role.
Why join ConsenSys?
Here are some of the perks of being part of a unique organization like ConsenSys:
- One of the most recognized tech companies in the blockchain ecosystem globally. A work experience at ConsenSys is a tremendous reference for your future career. ConsenSys alumni have moved on to become tech entrepreneurs, CEOs, and team leads at tech companies.
- The forefront of a revolution. We fundamentally believe blockchain is a next generation of technology that can lay the foundation for a more just and equitable society. You can be a part of building the digital economy of tomorrow and radically transforming our society for the better.
- A dynamic startup environment with deep roots. We are one of the earliest blockchain companies and a leader in the space. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that reaches the edge of our ecosystem.
- Deep technical challenges. Blockchain technology is just over 10 years old. Ethereum itself is still a toddler. There is much to be done before these platforms can scale to the order of millions or billions of users. We are building the tools, infrastructure and applications l that are pushing the technology forward.
- Continuous learning and improvements. You’ll be constantly exposed to new concepts, ideas and frameworks from your peers and as you work on different projects — challenging you to stay at the top of your game.
Please let ConsenSys know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.