Lingokids mission is to break down language barriers and provide equal opportunities for kids all around the world.
To help deliver our educational content to millions of families, we’re looking for a Lead Frontend Engineer.
At Lingokids we encourage candidates of all different backgrounds and identities to apply. We actively seek to hire individuals with different perspectives and we are eager to continue diversifying our company's culture. We strive to be an inclusive, supportive place where you can do the best work of your career.
Our offices are in Madrid, Spain but the position is open to anyone with experience working remotely. Some overlap with Central European Time is expected though, for those times when a video call is the most efficient way to communicate.
About the job:
As a Lead Frontend Engineer, you will work in the Core Experience squad, building and maintaining features that children all over the world will enjoy. More specifically, you will:
- Design, build and maintain features focused on children.
- Participate in different areas in the development process by coding the app and the API with the help of the rest of the squad.
- Work with the rest of the squad by bringing new fresh ideas on how we could improve the process and the infrastructure of the app.
- Have full ownership on the tasks and communicate with the squad towards finishing the work.
- Review code of other engineers towards increasing the quality and robustness of the app’s code.
- Work closely with UX and designers to translate static designs into code and improve our design system components.
- Mentor other engineers.
- Assist in the onboarding of incomers and help in the setup of the app’s project.
- Participate in interviewing engineering candidates as part of the team's growth.
The ideal teammate for us would be someone who believes that communication, empathy, inquisitiveness, and open-mindedness are fundamental to being successful in any endeavour. You should have:
- Relentlessness in finding simple, elegant solutions to complex problems.
- Understanding of how apps communicate with APIs and awareness of the implications when designing and implementing features. Willingness to work on the backend API layer.
- Great attention to detail and providing the best solution, keeping in mind that the functionality is oriented towards children.
- A self-driven approach to learning new technologies and moving features forward.
- Experience with Android / iOS native development. Flutter is also a plus.
We consider the following as nice to have:
- Experience creating, fixing, maintaining, and expanding mobile apps.
- Be passionate about React Native technology and always be eager on new cool things we could include.
- Experience with Android / iOS native development.
- Experience building APIs with Ruby on Rails.
- Understanding of functional programming, composition, currying, etc.
English is a must. We are a multicultural team and we are providing a service in English so, we don't care about certificates but we expect you to be able to communicate fluently. You should feel equally comfortable communicating in long-form writing. Given the circumstances, we have become a fully remote company and we are firm believers that being articulate in both spoken and written long-form asynchronous communication is key to working efficiently together.
If you think you don't tick all the boxes, we'd still love to hear from you. Nobody checks every box, and we are looking for someone excited to join the team.
Please let Lingokids know you found this position on Remotely We Code as a way to support us.